RAVENSWOOD, W.Va.–The Ravenswood community is in mourning after one of its residents, Jesse Brown, died Friday morning.
Brown had been at Cabell Huntington Hospital since the weekend after being burned in a bonfire accident. On Thursday night, the community held a candlelight vigil for Brown.
Police say Brown was severely burned last week at the bonfire when he poured gasoline on the fire to ignite it more.
Brown graduated from Ravenswood High School last spring, where he played baseball. He is the first cousin of Ravenswood Mayor Michael Ihle.